Thursday, February 26, 2015

His Mysterious Ways

I've been reading a lot of fiction lately, it's a good escape from my day to day ups and downs.  Most recently I finished Gone Girl, The Last Jihad, and Justice for All.  When I went back to the bookshelf for something new, I grabbed something old instead - a copy of His Mysterious Ways.  The inscription in the front of the book, in my handwriting says, "Happy Birthday Momma, January 27, 1991".  I've enjoyed reading through the stories of God's providence, presence, and miracles...and it motivated me to share with you a recent example of God at work in my world.
Earlier this month after dropping the kids at school I came home and opened my Bible.  I was down, I was discouraged, and I asked God to please comfort me in some way - big or small - I just wanted to feel his presence, to be reminded of His love and that He is with me in this valley.
Later that morning as I was curled up on the couch not feeling my best I kept seeing commercials for Shari's Berries.  I'm sure you've seen them, especially around Valentine's Day!  They are decadent chocolate covered strawberries.  I'm sure they cover other things in chocolate but what beats a chocolate covered strawberry?!  I think one of the commercials came on during each break - urging folks to buy a box for their sweetheart, sibling, or friend and it would ship in time for Valentine's.  By lunchtime I couldn't take it anymore, I was dying for a Shari's Berry!  I went into the kitchen and searched the fridge up and down for a strawberry and some chocolate - to no avail.  My craving would go unsatisfied!
That afternoon I had to get out and run an errand then I went to pick up the kids.  As the kids and I pulled into the driveway I noticed a box on our doorstep.  As I approached the box, I stopped dead in my tracks, frozen.  It was a box of Shari's Berries sent from some friends in DC!  I had never asked anyone for these, never even though of them until that very day.  I asked God to comfort me and He did!
Truly if our God knows the number of grains of sand on the beach and the number of hairs that used to be on my head - that same God cares about every detail of our life.  Are there things I've asked for that I have not gotten, of course.  But He will always reveal His love for us, every single time we ask.
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. "Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?"

4 comments:

  1. I love how our God Loves Us!! Sweet Sweet Story!! Love you Ronda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I enjoyed your post a lot. Now celebrate merry Christmas and happy new year with monginis cakes and gifts. http://www.monginis.net/merry-christmas-wishes/

    ReplyDelete